Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shanell the Missionary

Shanell and I at the airport
Me, Shanell, and Rachelle
Shanell and Wes

Shanell left today for her 18 MONTH Mission to Tempe Arizona (spanish speaking). My eyes are starting to water just thinking about it. We are only 15 months apart, shared a room almost our entire life, and are best friends. Needless to say I'm going to miss her. I've already thought about calling her at least twice but since she can't have a phone it would be pretty pointless. I know life will go on and before you know it she will be back...but for today, I'm sad.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Yay for Shanell! But that would be hard for you. I'm sorry. :(

Debbie said...

Shanell will be a GREAT missionary! Probably one of the best. It is so hard to see them go though...in a happy and excited way. Email makes it so much easier though..

Caroll said...

Yep, she'll be a great missionary, but we will definitely miss her!

grandma said...

"Where there is no love, there isno pain." What a blessing that the love you share is so deep even if it makes it hurt so much to have her gone. I know she will be such a power for good. (but I love and miss her too.)

Anonymous said...

Wow she is going to be a super good looking missionary! The mission was the greatest time I have ever had sharing with people you don't know but that in a few days you love with all your heart. Congrats