Sunday, April 26, 2009

In the Kitchen

Finally today I was able to make some good tasting and good looking chocolate chip cookies for Todd. Seriously, in person they look beautiful and Todd says they taste awesome (he wanted me to hurry and make some more before I forgot but I said no). I was sure to write down exactly what I did so that hopefully next time I'll end up with the same end result...we'll see.


I also made pizza today for dinner. I've been working on the recipe for awhile and tonight it was way good so I thought I'd share.
In my mixer I mixed...
3 cups warm water
6 Tablespoons yeast
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
9 Tablespoons milled flax seed
3 Tablespoons canola oil
6-7 cups flour ( plus flour when you roll it out)

Combine water yeast and sugar, stir and then add flax seed and oil and let sit for a minute until you see bubbles from the yeast. Add your Flour and salt, roll out and put onto lightly greased pizza pan. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, remove and add toppings, and then cook for another 10 minutes. It makes 4 large pizzas so I freeze half the dough and use it the next time :)

You can find milled flax seed at walmart in the baking section. It is used as a substitute for oil and has 1/2 the fat, 6 grams more fiber(oil has 0) and 41/2 grams more protein (again oil has 0)...plus, I like the flavor.

I grind my own wheat and then do half wheat flour and half white.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That pizza looks REALLY good... I'm glad you found my blog.

Caroll said...

Remind me not to read your blog at lunch time!! Looks mmmm good.