Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas

You know when Christmas is all done and over and you don't think you have anymore presents coming and then BAM someone totally random gives you a gift that you weren't expecting?
 Ya, that's kind of like this blog post.
I know Christmas was forever ago, but I've been lazy we've been busy hanging out with family so I just haven't gotten around to it.  SOO Merry Christmas!  I hope yours was as awesome as ours!

Check out this SWEET banner that Todd's Grandma made us!  I LOVE IT.  She sewed all of those teeny tiny sequence and seed beads on by hand.  It had to have taken forever and I think it rocks.

Every year on Christmas Eve we make sugar cookies.  I guess technically you could say that they are for Santa, but really I just like to make them because I think they're fun.  This year it was extra fun because Wes was able to help!  He had a blast, and it was fun to watch him.  After they were all cooked I was running around trying to get everything ready so we could leave ... so Todd frosted and decorated the cookies!
I've got to say he did a pretty awesome job too.  The snowmen had faces made out of sprinkles and everything :) 


This is what Santa Clause brought Wes.  A bunch of random things I got on clearance throughout the year, a color set handed down from Mike and Joe, and a set of building blocks Todd picked up, a stocking full of fruit snacks, and some new toothpaste and a toothbrush!



Wes walking in to see his presents in his new pajamas he got from Grandma Hart.  Aren't they adorable?



Wes with his stocking.



Check out how little he was last year...


...and how teeny tiny he was the year before that.  Aww.

Alright back to his year.  Here we all are (huh I'm not sure what that ladder is doing there).



Hey I got some dental floss! Wahoo.  No, seriously, I am obsessed with flossing my teeth.
Of course you'd never know that by how horrible my teeth are.
I'll blame my mom for that, she has horrible teeth too.

Wait, I thought this post was about Christmas, not my dental records.



And finally, Wes opening a present, with his mouth full of candy of course.

OH...maybe that's why my teeth are horrible.

We really did get spoiled this year.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS and usually start thinking about what I want to give everyone in the middle of summer.  Somehow I always seem to forget that we GET presents too, and then suddenly one day right before Christmas I remember and get really excited all over again.
BUT...and I know this is cliche...the best part of Christmas was probably watching Wes get soo excited.  It was great, and I can't wait for Christmas this year!

7 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

"Wait, I thought this post was about Christmas, not my dental records." haha you crack me up. Wes is getting HUGE! I suppose I think everyones kids are huge though, mine are quite little.

Unknown said...

You are funny. I really enjoyed your post. Made me laugh a bit. Merry Christmas to you too. Ours was beautiful and relaxing. love

The Cunninghams said...

Wes is so cute! We miss you guys! So good to hear you're doing well!

Caty said...

In the fifth picture down, I think Wes looks so much like Connor! I loved this post and I LOVE that banner, so fun!

P.S. I have never thought you have horrible teeth. In fact, there have been times when I have been jealous of your teeth.

P.S.S. Sometimes, it is still weird to me that you are a mother. In a cool way. But I think back to when we would play and hang out together as kids and teens. Memories.

grandma said...

Your post WAS like an extra Christmas gift. Thanks. I really did miss all of the fun stuff of Christmas this year but was so grateful for all of the family who came over to brighten my day. The Tuesday after Christmas was one of those "extra" gifts also. Thanks for coming over.

Unknown said...

I like the yearly picture of Wes with his sock.

Caroll said...

I was all prepped for the picture of the finished cookies - what's up with that? Sorry about the teeth. In response to Caty's comment - they look great from the outside, just not on x-rays! ha ha - actually not even funny.

PS - the sweet tooth might come into play there a bit - which ALSO comes from your mother - shoot!