Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Washing Machines

Today I did two loads of laundry in the hotel's tiny washing machines. It was painless. I mean really all I had to do was throw the clothes in, add some soap, pay 2$, and turn it on. Then, 30 minutes later I moved it to the dryer and an hour latter....presto...clean clothes!

Can you imagine having to wash your clothes by hand?! BLAH!!! Anytime I am interested in buying a shirt that has a tag saying "hand wash only" I either a) don't buy it, or b) throw it in the washing machine anyway and hope it doesn't get screwed up.

So today, I'm thankful for the invention of the washing machine. I'll tell ya what, had I of lived before they were around I would of been walking around in my underwear A LOT!

3 comments:

Nelli said...

Agreed!

Caroll said...

Amen! I know I complain about having to do laundry ALL THE TIME - but it sure does beat the alternative :)

grandma said...

I remember watching my mother scrub her clothes on a wash board in in a tub of water that she heated over an open fire. Yes, we are VERY blessed!