Monday, May 17, 2010

Garage sale finds.

A few weekends ago I decided to try and hit up a few garage sales to see what type of things I could find.  It wasn't a very good day as far as weather goes but I did come home with a few good things. 
Like this lovely jar that I snagged for $1.
I have it in my bathroom and stuck a candle inside.  If anyone else has any good ideas about what I should use it for please let me know!
I also snagged this little vase for $0.10
I love the color, and it looks great in the guest bathroom.

I also got 2 mirrors for $5.  
I originally thought I would paint this one silver and use it in the guest bathroom but now I'm not so sure.  The mirror is pretty old and has spots all over it.  I think it would look out of place with a new coat of paint.  I love it how it is, I just don't know where to put it.
(p.s. don't say anything about my appearance...at least I got a lot done today :)
This is the other mirror.  
I love it too, but I'm not sure where to put it.
 Lastly, I've had this frame forever but I could use some ideas about what to do with it too.  
Do you see a recurring theme here?  
I'm not such a great decorator :(

 

4 comments:

grandma said...

Your description of the first mirror sounds like me: "pretty old, lots of spots, new coat of paint won't help, but you love it anyway" :)

The Cunninghams said...

Hmmm...

What if you painted the old mirror an antique/weathered style silver and then put it up in the guest bathroom? Kind of like this http://www.lampsplus.com/products/Weathered-Silver-Wall-Mirror__79012.html?

If you wanted to paint your frame then you could spray paint that frame black and put it in your bedroom or living room.

For the last mirror, you could paint it to match your kitchen and hang it up by your table.

I don't know if any of those ideas are appealing or if they work, but I just thought I'd throw some out there.:)

I hope you're feeling great and I hope we get to see you soon!

Caty said...

Are you wanting to paint the photo frame?

TannHart said...

Not really...I like the gold, it just doesn't "fit" anywhere.