Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busy

I've been pretty busy sewing lately. Over the past few months I've managed to make...
  • 9 dresses (5 of which were for my uncle's wedding)
  • 7 skirts
  • 5 shirts
  • 4 "temple" bags
  • 2 pajama bottom shorts for Wes
  • 1 swimming suit top
  • 1 t-shirt quilt
  • 1 embroidered wall hanging
Some of these things are Christmas gifts (what would I do with 4 temple bags) but mostly I've just been sewing for fun. I found an awesome fabric shop with knits for $2 a yard and went a little crazy. I've told myself I can't go back until I've used everything up and I'm just about there. I've got some great new ideas in my head and I'm anxious to get them down on paper and then create them!
The wall hanging I worked on during the home-run derby and the all star game :)
Wes in his green shorts (I made myself a great shirt out of the same fabric)




The dresses I made for the wedding.





A couple of my favorite skirts and a shirt. I LOVE how comfortable the skirts are (yes that gray one is made out of sweat pant fabric!). I wear them around the house, to the grocery store, and just about everywhere else :)


Posted by PicasaI wanted to make Shanell a bag that she could put all of her temple clothes in and this is what I came up with. It has a special pocket to keep things separated on the inside, a zipper to keep everything safe inside, and lots of pockets on the outside. It took me a couple of tries but in the end I think it came out awesome.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Holy moly! You are busy busy! Not to mention TALENTED. I think my favorite is the bag, followed closely by the red dresses. Such darling stuff! Maybe when I visit next you will teach me how to make a darling bag like that...

Unknown said...

what a busy thing you are. You did a great job on all of them.

Amber & Jason said...

okay, you are so doing of my sewing for me! What a talented girl! Give your hubby and boy big kisses from me!

Christine said...

You are so talented!!

Rebekah said...

I'm really impressed! I wish I could sew!

grandma said...

Super good job, I'm proud of you. If you are not careful you will end up like your grandma with a basement full of scraps "to small to use and to big to throu away." Keep up the good work.