Monday, May 2, 2011

My Sister's wedding.

So Sydnie got married a couple weeks ago and it was so awesome to be able to be all together as a family again!  I LOVED having my sisters around! 

All of these pictures are from Michelle.  If you want to see the rest from the reception just click on the link.

I made myself crazy trying to prep for making the cake staying up late googeling filling flavors and youtube videos on how to stack a cake, and obessing over what to use as for a cake stand (Todd made me one, isn't he great?).  In the end I went with a strawberry cake on bottom (per Sydnie's request) with a chocolate swiss meringue buttercream   in between the layers.  The rest of the cake was chocolate with a strawberry swiss meringue buttercream between the layers (I used strawberry freezer jam to give it extra strawberry flavor...YUM).  The top tier was just rice krispy treat covered in frosting (no one ate it, it was just for looks).  Here is a photo of the final product.  My friend Jenna helped me and she was amazing!  I've never seen buttercream frosting so smooth. 
sdreception-2
sdreception-3
reception-26
Wes and Kaylee (Dave and Jenna's daughter) also got married the same weekend, although Kaylee has recently told Wes that she can't marry him because he picks his nose haha!
reception-40
The entire family!


I finally uploaded photos to our (new) computer with a functioning card slot.  I would say that I should be posting more often now but honestly I probably won't haha!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Everything was! I am so excited that you are awesome at making cakes. We have the best family ever and it just keeps on getting better. Congratulations Sydnie and Dallen!!!!!

Grandma said...

It was awesome, all of it and I also loved it that all of your sisters could be here. The bride was beautiful,the cake was beautiful, the colors and decorations were beautiful, but most of all, the temple was beautiful. I LOVE it when I am in the temple with all of you.

Amber & Jason said...

What a beautiful cake! You are such an amazing sister-in-law. What a talented woman you are! You better post pics more often so that I can see my little nephews. Love the pic of Wes and his wife. Wes must take after his dad on the nose picking thing. :) Cute family!

jamielynn said...

it all looks so good and sounds amazing too! we miss you guys and can't wait to see you! the boys and i will be home in about a week! matt asks everyday if we can go get wes so they can play ;) lol